Rep. Ilhan Omar Breaks Silence Regarding Her Alleged Connections to Massive $250 Million COVID-Era Fraud Scheme
May 20, 2026

Credit: Gage Skidmore

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) has finally spoken out on allegations that she was involved in a major fraud scandal during the COVID pandemic.

As The Gateway Pundit previously reported, court exhibits from the massive $250 MILLION Feeding Our Future fraud trial have revealed that Omar’s name appeared several times in email chains and text messages with convicted fraudster Aimee Bock.

Bock served as the mastermind behind the largest COVID-era fraud scheme targeting children’s nutrition programs.

According to trial exhibits unsealed in Aimee Bock’s case, Omar’s office was directly involved in communications with the fraud ring.

Bock has also stated that she believes Omar knew exactly what was going on and actively helped keep the fraudulent program alive.

“I struggle to believe that she wouldn’t have known,” Bock said of Omar.

This would certainly make sense. As The Gateway Pundit’s Cassandra MacDonald noted, Omar personally introduced the Maintaining Essential Access to Lunch for Students (MEALS) Act in March 2020, which gave the USDA authority to issue those waivers during the pandemic.

On Wednesday, Omar fired back against allegations that she knew what was going on. Moreover, she laid the blame at you-know-who.

“Any claim that I had knowledge of this scheme is flat-out false,” Omar said in a written statement to Fox News.

“The MEALS Act was signed into law by President Trump and passed with bipartisan support as part of a broader legislative package,” she added. “Trump’s USDA Secretary set the regulatory framework during the rollout of the program.

“I have always championed feeding kids and will continue to ensure our children do not go hungry.”

Omar also insisted she was glad that these vile individuals involved in the scam were busted.

“As I stated from the beginning, stealing millions of dollars under the guise of feeding hungry children to bankroll lavish lifestyles and extravagant expenses is reprehensible,” Omar said.

“I’m grateful that Aimee Bock and every individual involved in this abhorrent scheme are being held accountable for defrauding taxpayers and betraying vulnerable children.”

Whether or not Omar was involved in the scandal, Democrats are determined that she will never face any accountability.

Earlier this month, Minnesota Democrats blocked a subpoena targeting Omar over her alleged connections to the state’s scandal.

The post Rep. Ilhan Omar Breaks Silence Regarding Her Alleged Connections to Massive $250 Million COVID-Era Fraud Scheme appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.

Go to Source
Author: Cullen Linebarger