Kamala Harris Denounces President Trump for Attack on Iran Regime: “Recklessness Dressed Up as Resolve”

Kamala Harris Denounces President Trump for Attack on Iran Regime: “Recklessness Dressed Up as Resolve”

Kamala Harris Denounces President Trump for Attack on Iran Regime: “Recklessness Dressed Up as Resolve”
February 28, 2026

Former Vice President Kamala Harris, defeated by President Donald Trump in an Electoral College landslide in the 2024 presidential election, issued a statement Saturday afternoon denouncing President Trump over his decision to attack the Islamist Iranian regime.

File screen image.

Harris’ statement was released about twelve hours after Trump announced the attack in an overnight video address. Curiously, Harris’ statement makes no mention of Israel even though the attack on Iran is a joint operation between Israel and the United States.

“Donald Trump is dragging the United States into a war the American people do not want. Let me be clear: I am opposed to a regime-change war in Iran, and our troops are being put in harm’s way for the sake of Trump’s war of choice. Read my full statement:”

Donald Trump is dragging the United States into a war the American people do not want. Let me be clear: I am opposed to a regime-change war in Iran, and our troops are being put in harm’s way for the sake of Trump’s war of choice.

This is a dangerous and unnecessary gamble with American lives that also jeopardizes stability in the region and our standing in the world. What we are witnessing is not strength. It is recklessness dressed up as resolve. I know the threat that Iran poses, and they must never be allowed to have a nuclear weapon, but this is not the way to dismantle that threat.

During the campaign, Donald Trump promised to end wars rather than start them. It was a lie. Then last year, he said “we obliterated” Iran’s nuclear program. That, too, was a lie.

And let us all be clear-eyed about what comes next. The President has already said this conflict may produce American casualties. Doug and I will be praying for all of our brave servicemen and women, who we know are undertaking dangerous missions with exceptional skill, discipline, and precision. Our troops deserve a Commander-in-Chief who approaches decisions on matters of war and peace with the same steadiness and discipline our troops show every day.

Under the Constitution of the United States, the President must receive authorization from Congress to enter a war. But even if he had, that does not change the fact this action is unwise, unjustified, and not supported by the American people. There can be no equivocation in our opposition to Donald Trump’s war of choice, and Congress must use all available power to prevent him from further committing us to this conflict. Our troops, our allies, and the American people deserve nothing less.

Harris’ slowness in releasing a statement showed as within an hour of its release numerous reports stated Iran’s Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei had been killed in the attack.

The post Kamala Harris Denounces President Trump for Attack on Iran Regime: “Recklessness Dressed Up as Resolve” appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.

Go to Source
Author: Kristinn Taylor

US Releases Epic Unclassified Video of American Fighter Jets Bombing Iranian Targets (VIDEO)

US Releases Epic Unclassified Video of American Fighter Jets Bombing Iranian Targets (VIDEO)

US Releases Epic Unclassified Video of American Fighter Jets Bombing Iranian Targets (VIDEO)
February 28, 2026

Missile launch from a naval ship, surrounded by smoke, over the ocean under a clear blue sky.

Central Command on Saturday released video of American fighter jets taking off from an aircraft carrier as ‘Operation Epic Fury’ fires missiles on Iranian targets.

The US and Israel conducted military strikes on Iran on Saturday morning.

Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei was killed in the military strikes.

The strikes also killed Iran’s defense minister and the commander of its Revolutionary Guard, the AP reported.

Fox News reported that the Supreme Leader’s compound was leveled and 40 top Iranian leaders were killed.

“US official confirms to Fox that US believes Khamenei and 5-10 top Iranian leaders killed in initial Israeli strike on compound; agree with Israel’s intelligence assessment,” Fox News reporter Jennifer Griffin said.

“A senior US defense official tells me that the US government agrees with the Israeli assessment that Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is dead, along with 5-10 other top Iranian leaders who were all meeting at a compound in Tehran Saturday morning. The top IRGC commander also killed,” Jennifer Griffin.

US Central Command released unclassified footage of ‘Operation Epic Fury’ on Saturday.

“As the President stated, our objective is to defend the American people by eliminating imminent threats from the Iranian regime,” CENTCOM said.

“The President ordered bold action. CENTCOM forces are delivering an overwhelming and unrelenting blow,” CENTCOM said.

WATCH:

The post US Releases Epic Unclassified Video of American Fighter Jets Bombing Iranian Targets (VIDEO) appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.

Go to Source
Author: Cristina Laila

JUST IN: Trump Threatens to “Take Over the Whole Thing” After Iran Strikes Kill Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei

JUST IN: Trump Threatens to “Take Over the Whole Thing” After Iran Strikes Kill Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei

JUST IN: Trump Threatens to “Take Over the Whole Thing” After Iran Strikes Kill Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei
February 28, 2026

U.S., June 2025: President Donald Trump discloses that American B-2 bombers conducted airstrikes on three Iranian nuclear facilities. Image courtesy of the Islamic Republic News Agency.

President Trump broke his silence following the Iran strikes on Saturday morning, telling Axios of potential “off-ramps” in the conflict. 

“I can go long and take over the whole thing, or end it in two or three days and tell the Iranians: ‘See you again in a few years if you start rebuilding [your nuclear and missile programs],” Trump told Axios in a phone interview from Mar-a-Lago.

This is the first time Trump commented on the strikes since releasing a statement early on Saturday morning.

As The Gateway Pundit reported, Trump announced earlier that American forces are engaged in what he described as a “massive and ongoing operation” aimed at neutralizing the Iranian regime’s ability to threaten US troops, American allies, and the homeland itself.

Trump pointed to the 1979 US Embassy hostage crisis in Tehran, where dozens of Americans were held captive for 444 days, the 1983 Beirut Marine barracks bombing that killed 241 US military personnel, Iranian-backed militias responsible for killing and maiming hundreds of American troops in Iraq, and continued proxy attacks against US forces and commercial vessels in Middle Eastern shipping lanes.

He further said that after Operation Midnight Hammer last June, where US forces bombed three nuclear facilities in Iran, “we warned them never to resume their malicious pursuit of nuclear weapons, and we repeatedly sought to make a deal.”

“We tried. They wanted to do it—they didn’t,” Trump said. “They wanted to do it—again—they didn’t want to do it.”

In closing his statement, Trump encouraged the Iranian people to seize control of their government.

“When we are finished, take over your government. It will be yours to take,” Trump said to the people of Iran.

“This will probably be your only chance for generations. For many years, you have asked for America’s help, but you never got it. No president was willing to do what I am willing to do tonight.”

Israel further confirmed it had launched a pre-emptive strike on Iranian territory, joined by a broader US military offensive targeting military and nuclear sites across Tehran and other major cities, including areas near the office of Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

Khamenei has since been confirmed dead by Israeli officials.

BREAKING: Iran”s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is Confirmed DEAD – Israeli Officials Say His Body Has Been Found

The post JUST IN: Trump Threatens to “Take Over the Whole Thing” After Iran Strikes Kill Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.

Go to Source
Author: Jordan Conradson

Fetterman Supports Attack on Iran Regime, Will Vote Against War Powers Resolution

Fetterman Supports Attack on Iran Regime, Will Vote Against War Powers Resolution

Fetterman Supports Attack on Iran Regime, Will Vote Against War Powers Resolution
February 28, 2026

Sen. John Fetterman (D-PA) came out in support of the joint U.S. and Israeli attack on the Islamist Iranian regime Saturday.

File screen image.

Two hours after President Donald Trump issued an overnight statement announcing the attack on the Iranian regime, Fetterman posted his support, “”Operation Epic Fury. President Trump has been willing to do what’s right and necessary to produce real peace in the region. God bless the United States, our great military, and Israel.”

Fetterman followed later Saturday morning with a statement breaking with his fellow Senate Democrats, saying he is a “hard no” on a War Powers Resolution that would block Trump’s use of the military against Iran, “Committed Democrat here. I’m a hard no. My vote is Operation Epic Fury.”

Excerpt from the Axios report Fetterman responded to:

Democrats on Saturday urged Congress to quickly vote on war powers resolutions after the Trump administration launched overnight strikes on Iran.

Why it matters: President Trump launched the strikes without approval from Congress, triggering backlash from Democrats and one Republican.

…What they’re saying: “The Senate should immediately return to session and vote on my War Powers Resolution to block the use of U.S. forces in hostilities against Iran,” Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.) said in a statement.

“Every single Senator needs to go on the record about this dangerous, unnecessary, and idiotic action,” he added. Kaine had been planning to force a vote on his war powers resolution next week.

Sen. Andy Kim (D-N.J.) echoed Kaine’s calls, telling CNN on Saturday morning: “We should have Congress immediately go back into session for the War Powers vote to reassert the American people’s will, which, again, they don’t want to be at war. So I’m ready to go right back to the Senate today.”

The House is not expected to return until Wednesday, and the Senate will return on Monday.

Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA) announced on Thursday he would force a Senate vote next week on his War Powers Resolution blocking Trump from attacking Iran (excerpt):

Today, U.S. Senator Tim Kaine (D-VA), Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and U.S. Senator Adam Schiff (D-CA), announced that they will force a vote in the coming days on their War Powers Resolution to ensure any U.S. participation in hostilities against Iran is explicitly authorized by Congress. It would not prevent the U.S. from defending itself or Israel from an Iranian attack. The War Powers Resolution is privileged; it was introduced on January 29 and may be called up for a vote on the Senate floor.

In the House, Democrat Ro Khana (CA) and Republican Thomas Massie (KY) are also pushing a War Powers Resolution vote (Axios excerpt):

House Democratic leadership on Thursday announced plans to force a vote next week on a resolution that would require President Trump to seek congressional authorization to use military force in Iran.

Why it matters: The vote has a chance to pass in the House, with even some House Republicans expressing opposition as the White House inches closer to a potential major war in the Middle East.

Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.), a staunch anti-interventionist, is leading the war powers effort with progressive Rep. Ro Khanna (D-Calif.).

In a morning interview on Fox & Friends, Fetterman spoke at length about his support for the attack:

Key video clip excerpt:

Complete interview:

The post Fetterman Supports Attack on Iran Regime, Will Vote Against War Powers Resolution appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.

Go to Source
Author: Kristinn Taylor

Top Democrats Condemn Operation Epic Fury as Massie and Khanna Plan to Bring War Powers Resolution (VIDEO)

Top Democrats Condemn Operation Epic Fury as Massie and Khanna Plan to Bring War Powers Resolution (VIDEO)

Top Democrats Condemn Operation Epic Fury as Massie and Khanna Plan to Bring War Powers Resolution (VIDEO)
February 28, 2026

Hakeem Jeffries and Chuck Schumer address the media outside the White House

House and Senate Democratic leaders are now demanding that Congress return to Washington, DC, by Monday to pass a war powers resolution in an attempt to stop the US from taking additional actions in Iran. 

As The Gateway Pundit reported, Trump announced early on Saturday morning that American forces are engaged in what he described as a “massive and ongoing operation” aimed at neutralizing the Iranian regime’s ability to threaten US troops, American allies, and the homeland itself.

Israel further confirmed it had launched a pre-emptive strike on Iranian territory, joined by a broader US military offensive targeting military and nuclear sites across Tehran and other major cities, including areas near the office of Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

Khamenei has since been confirmed dead by Israeli officials.

BREAKING: Iran”s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is Confirmed DEAD – Israeli Officials Say His Body Has Been Found

Democratic Rep. Ro Khanna reacted to the news on Saturday morning, calling on Congress to vote on Rep. Thomas Massie and his war powers resolution to restrict the President's authority to continue military action in Iran.

WATCH:

Donald Trump has launched a war on Iran. The Congress must reconvene on Monday to vote on Thomas Massie and my War Powers Resolution to stop this war.

Trump says his goal is to topple the Iranian regime, but the American people are tired of regime change wars that cost us billions of dollars and risk our lives.

We don't want to be at war with a country of 90 million people in the Middle East. Every member of Congress must go on record today on how they will vote on Thomas Massie and my war powers resolution.

Massie also said on X that the Trump Administration's action is "not America First."

Democratic leaders in the House and Senate also weighed in, calling for the war powers resolution to be passed on Monday. Still, broad Republican opposition to the legislation and some Democratic defectors will likely prevent it from passing.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer demanded that the Trump Administration brief Congress in both a classified briefing and public testimony, in a statement that decryed President Trump and called for the Senate to "quickly" return to DC to pass the bill.

House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries also condemned Trump, demanding "ironclad justification" and a "plan to avoid another costly, prolonged military quagmire in the Middle East."

"Congress must vote on a War Powers resolution immediately," Jeffries added.

Other top Democrats, including the Senate Armed Services Committee Ranking Member Jack Reed (D-RI), House Armed Services Committee Ranking Member Rep. Adam Smith (D-WA), and Senate Minority Whip Dick Durbin (D-IL), have condemned the Trump Administration, alleging that the strikes were illegal.

The post Top Democrats Condemn Operation Epic Fury as Massie and Khanna Plan to Bring War Powers Resolution (VIDEO) appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.

Go to Source
Author: Jordan Conradson